Experts on production lines have realized the need to have their processes tested in a computer-aided program before actualizing it on the floor. The process involves having a 3D computer-aided design through a CAD program while the computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) software converts the 3D-CAD model into information that units can use in workshops. The process helps optimize the production process from raw materials to a finished product.
However, for such programs to run smoothly, the hosting laptop must be having certain capabilities and specifications. There are specific laptops that meet the specifications that run CAD and CAM programs smoothly and efficiently.
1. Lenovo P53S
It is a powerful performance laptop, an excellent choice for designers and engineers. It’s a high-performance CAD laptop that is pre-installed with Windows 10, 64-bit professional edition. Works on different CAD software and 3D printing softwares such as the Inventables intuitive software
- Windows 10, 64-bit professional edition
- Intel i7-8565U (Quad-Core), 8th Generation
- 24 GB RAM and a high capacity 1TB SSD storage drive.
- A powerful NVIDIA Quadro P520 GPU handles the graphics with 2GB video memory.
- Full HD screen powered by IPS panel.
2. Lenovo Thinkpad P71 Workstation Laptop
Lenovo ThinkPad P71 is one of the best workstations with AutoCAD and architectural designs.
- Intel Core i7, 7th Generation
- RAM of 16 GB
- Pre-loaded Windows 10 pro
- powerful GPU in the form of NVIDIA Quadro M620, 2GB DDR5 memory
3. DELL PRECISION Mobile Workstation
Dell Precision mobile workstation is perfect for AutoCAD and SolidworksCAD softwares.
- Processor Intel i7, 7th Generation, 16 GB RAM
- Memory – of 512GB SSD capacity
- GPU Equiped with NVIDIA Quadro T2000 4GB, GDDR5 graphics chip
- Screen- bezel-less 15.6 Inches screen with UHD resolution of 3840×2160 pixels.
4. HP Zbook G5 Workstation
HP Zbook specially designed for CAD programs and architectural drawings.
- Processor 2.20 GHz Intel i7, 8th Generation
- Graphics Processing Unit- NVidia P 600 graphics,
equipped with 64 GB DDR4 RAM and 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD
- Screen- full HD screen size of 15.6”.
- Pre-loaded with Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
5. Microsoft Surface Book
It is the latest surface book from Microsoft
- Processor i7 processor, 32 GB RAM, 10th Generation
- Storage capacity of 512GB SSD
- Graphics Processing Unit- NVIDIA GeForce GPU
- Screen- the touchscreen is available in both 13 and 15 Inches sizes.
6. Dell G7 Laptop (2020 Model)
Dell G7 Laptop is excellent for AutoCAD and other CAD software.
- Hybrid storage 1TB SATA hard disk and 512 GB SSD for faster booting
- Graphics processing unit discrete NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5 video memory
- Processor Intel Core i7 (8th gen) and 16 Gb RAM
7. HP Spectre x360 Mobile Workstation
HpSpectre is a convertible 2-in-1 Ultrabook and works smoothly with CADsoftwares, modeling, and animation works. It’s slim and lightweight, and very fast.
- Processor: 6-core i7 processor, 16GB RAM
- Memory 512GB SSD
- Screen- has a screen size of 15.6 inches with a resolution of 3840×2160 pixels.
- GPU supported by NVIDIA GeForce 1050 Ti with dedicated graphics memory of 4 GB.
Laptops fit for CAD and CAM programs use solid-state-drive storage,SSD. SSD storage uses NAND flash memory which is faster due to low read access times. The graphics unit must as well be powerful enough. For your architectural or 3D modeling tasks, or if you want to upgrade, choose the laptop that meets your needs.
Comments are closed.