If you are preparing for Class 10 examinations, this article is a must-read. Class 10 holds a lot of importance in a student’s life, as it leads to the beginning of a phrase that they want to build for themselves.
Based on the marks secured in Class 10 examinations, students get the option to decide the subjects they want to learn in future. As per the pattern, every school has its own set of parameters that a student needs to meet to choose their stream choice (Science, Commerce and Arts).
Therefore, students must understand the role Class 10 examinations play in building their careers and work accordingly so that they don’t have to worry about whether they will be able to choose the subject of their choice or not. It’s vital to look at all the sources, whether it is the exam pattern, NCERT solutions or marks distribution, to understand what you are preparing for.
In this article, we have laid down ways through which students can prepare for the exam season effectively and without any stress.
Steps to Prepare for Class 10 Examinations
For an effective Class 10 board examination preparation, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Understand syllabus and exam pattern: Read the syllabus thoroughly and take a look at the exam pattern to understand the structure. This helps to clear confusion and plan out the process of learning.
- Timetable: On the basis of the syllabus, create a schedule that is easy to follow and covers all the syllabus on time. Take your time for revision and mock tests.
- Prioritising: Based on the mark distribution and the concepts you find complicated, prioritise which topics you should cover first and then focus on others. It’s advisable first to cover the easy part so that you get more time to cover the complicated topics.
- Step-by-step learning: Don’t rush into completing the syllabus. First, complete one concept correctly and then move to the next one. Quality learning is more critical than quantity one learns.
- Regular tests: Take practice and mock tests to check your knowledge. Also, keep track of time so that you don’t face any time management problems during exams.
- Revision sessions: Revise regularly; this makes it easier for the brain to store the information more effectively.
How to Answer According to the Marks Distribution System
The art of writing an exam is very straightforward, simple and yet a bit complicated due to the marks distribution system. If you check previous question papers to understand the exam pattern mentioned on the official website, the board question papers consist of different sections. Each section has its own sets of questions, which are differentiated based on the marks they carry.
The pattern varies for each subject. Some questions are worth one mark, whereas some are five or six markers depending on the distribution system. So the real question that comes is how to answer questions according to the mark distribution.
The best way to understand the technique of answering questions is by going through the NCERT solutions for Class 10. You must be wondering how NCERT solutions benefit you. To answer this question, we have given some benefits of NCERT solutions.
- They are written based on the curriculum of CBSE. All the questions and answers given are from the syllabus.
- A detailed explanation is given for each answer. The format is easy to understand, appropriately structured and written in easy language.
- The answers are related to the type of questions mentioned in NCERT books.