A data center migration is a procedure of moving the selected assets from a data center setting to another. It’s even referred to as the data center relocation.
Also, there are several reasons why a firm may require to relocate the data center, from organizational development, regulatory needs, a firm merger to the office move or the move to the cloud.
Datacenter migration finest practices
To make sure a smooth shift from the existing computing setting to another one, follow the finest practices in the checklist of data center migration:
- Recognize the business event for migrating the current data center to another one. Whilst the circumstances will differ depending on the organization, migrating firm data to the more modernized program allows a firm to scale more effectively, stay competitive, diminish the security risks and improve customer relationships.
- Get the buy-in on your stakeholders’ migration project, who’ll require to approve the suggested migration plan and adjust with project goals.
- Assign the data center migration responsibilities & roles. Via recruiting key administration figures within the firm to inform and promote the project as this moves forward.
- Assess the data center’s asset portfolio to know the technical requirements & dependencies for transferring particular data and apps.
- Define the design & architecture needs of a migration process whilst also defining the testing method & the process for transitioning to a new system.
- Manage workflow and staff schedules to ensure minimal influence on business processes when shutting down the source system and administering the migration.
Meaning of migrating data?
There are 3 related concepts related to migrating data:
- Datacenter migration
- Data migration
- Application migration
To know further, you may look over the web and gather more info about data center migration.
Comments are closed.